Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lower points...

I'm feeling a little quieter tonight than usual--it's been an interesting weekend, to say the least.
Out on the town...
Last night was Lacey's bachelorette party here in SF. It was a blasty-blast. A dozen girls I haven't had time to see in months got together at the bride's townhouse and then jumped aboard a party bus for a bar tour.
I'll be honest--I had been dreading that party for some time. I love those girls to death, but I've been so tired and stressed financially (thanks to that Taurus) and simply didn't want one more thing I had to be at. But I'm glad I was. I suppose I can sleep when I'm dead.
Back in action...?
The job situation is also looking pretty hairy. I love the one I'm at now, but it's just a temporary thing. My old station lifted its hiring freeze on Wednesday and has two openings--one full and one part-time.
Surprisingly, the position closes this week and my old boss didn't even bother to tell me about it. Fortunately, a friend in the business had the foresight to email me when the postings hit the broadcaster association's website.
I quickly put together an application packet Thursday night; by the time Friday morning rolled around, I just needed to finalize my references. That meant I had to ask the guys at work to vouch for me, and to let them know I might be leaving sooner than planned.
Thankfully, they were flattered that I wanted to use them as references and even kicked me out of the office that morning so I could apply sooner rather than later. Those two are the things I'll miss most about that job, whenever it is I get to leave.
The fact that the news director didn't let me know about the openings makes me nervous. Such a short opening means the company already knows who they want, but I have a terrible feeling that person isn't me.
I've got the blues...
Maybe it's the tired, but it's the fact that for some reason it seems like all my well-intentioned plans are falling through--regardless, I'm feeling blue tonight. The dating thing still isn't looking any better. Earlier this week, I had a few prospects, but they seemed to have lost interest. Already. Story of my life.
Something has to work eventually, but in the meantime, I'm feeling pretty lonely and like a failure. My career is something I've prided myself on for awhile now, and it's hanging out in some low places. I thought that I might feel better if I improved other parts of my life--like the romance side--but now I'm just feeling worse than I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment