Monday, April 6, 2009

Another Monday

I am getting very, very tired of filling out job applications.  Yesterday, I printed out 15 more resumes, filled out four online applications today, and plan to go to Sioux Falls on Wednesday to apply for nine that require a personal appearance.  One of these days, I'll get some answers.  I hope.
Is it Monday?
My days are starting to run together at this point.  Nearly all involve nothing but the job hunt.  I am apparently not a good hunter.  I should really crack down on the little bit of homework I have left in my academic career.  There are still two papers (one research) that need to be turned in, and Model UN is in two weeks.  
Not sweating as much as previously thought
My workouts are still going well.  I've never stuck with a program for this long, so I'm very pleased about that.  But, at this point, I'm not sure if anything is actually working.  The number on the scale isn't really getting any lower, which isn't surprising because I've been lifting weights and muscle weighs more than fat.  
Even knowing that, the static number is rather disheartening.  My clothes do fit better, but not much.  And to top it all off, I just used a body fat calculator online, and I fall into the "accepted category", a whole 3 percent short of being considered "in shape".  
Sad day--never in a million years did I think I had let myself go that much.  I've been far too busy for a consistent work out program over the past four years, but I hadn't realized I was eating so poorly all that time.  Luckily, part of my workout program has been changing my eating habits, so hopefully I can stick with this.  I really would like to see more results--soon.    

No comments:

Post a Comment