Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day One

Yesterday afternoon the Republican leadership gave me my assignment, and I believe they did a very good job of putting me with someone who will use all of my abilities.  For the next two months, I'm the state senate majority leader's intern, as well as part time photographer for the assistant majority leader.  
Already today I was running around trying to fulfill both jobs as well attempting to get sworn in, make my computer and email work (the latter is still on my to do list), and figure out where Sen. Knudson needs me and when.  
Of course, in typical Jenna fashion, I spent today trying not to be sick.  It must be a first-day thing for me since it happened my first day at KDLT as well.  I took an excessive amount of Extra Strength Tylenol during Gov. Rounds' State of the State address this afternoon, and even one hour and seven minutes later, when the speech was finished, I wasn't feeling any better.  In the middle of filing Sen. Knudson's mail I had to run myself over to the third floor ladies room and see breakfast in rewind (I hadn't have time to add lunch to the mix).
About 45 minutes later, we closed up the office and I called my roommate to come get me (he was done hours earlier), but the poor guy was sick too.  We both went straight to bed when we got back and have been ghosting around the house for the past two hours, just hoping to feel better and keep supper down.  
Hopefully tomorrow goes well; healthy or not, I have a feeling I'll be putting in a long day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment