Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Chapter: Pierre

This afternoon I arrived in beautiful Pierre, S.D.--day one of my two months here.  The weather is much nicer than in my third home--Brookings, where KELO predicts a 100% chance of snow tonight.  But, I'm not sure if this is a place I'll grow to love as much as I do Brookings.  Tomorrow is Intern Orientation at the capitol; I'll feel much better after that is over.  I'll know what exactly my job is, I'll meet people I'm working with, and I will know what my schedule looks like.  The house I'm living in is nice, and the people who are letting me live in their basement are even nicer.  But, since it's Pierre, I know there won't be much to do when I'm not working or sleeping.  I long ago decided I'd join the Y and get my butt in shape, but I've decided to take that goal a step further.  I'm going to train for a 5K!  I make no promises about that actually happening, but at least it'll be something to work on :).  It's getting a little late, and I have SUCH a headache--time for a shower, then a movie, and then bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment