Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Day Two

This is definitely something I've gotten myself into...Sen. Knudson kept me very busy again, and I must say, I appreciate that; few things annoy me more than being bored at work.  No sickness today, although my poor roommate was still sick and couldn't go in to work today.  Thank goodness that wasn't me!  
Tonight Sen. Knudson invited me to a dinner with a couple lobbyists and another legislator.  I must say, even though I was so nervous about it this afternoon, I had a lot of fun.  We ended up staying a couple hours after the meal was finished chatting and telling stories. 
The more time I spend with Sen. Knudson, the more I realize I have a lot to learn about the man. Sometimes it can seem a little condescending when he talks to me or gives me instructions for a task, but I have to keep in mind that this man in light years ahead of me.  It really isn't often that I have the opportunity to work with and learn from someone so much smarter than me, so I really think these next two months are really going to be incredibly beneficial and humbling.  
I must cut tonight's entry short--Education committee meets bright and early tomorrow, at 7:45!  

No comments:

Post a Comment